Since 1950, Bestway Disposal has been the leader in solid waste collection and recycling for the businesses and residents of the greater Colorado Springs area. Protecting the environment and public health is Bestway’s main focus today and every day! Come take a look inside Bestway’s waste removal systems and recycling services.
History of Bestway
The year was 1927 and the late Edward Kiemel was operating his scavenger firm in Chicago with his new Nelson LaMoon truck. Boards were used to build up the sides of the truck and as the refuse got higher wooden frames with chicken wire were used on top to hold everything down.
Boards were often laid across the truck so he could walk over and compact the garbage.
The Kiemel name is well known in the waste removal and recycling business, from the early days in Chicago till now, some 70 years later as two fourth-generation garbage men, Tom and Phil Kiemel, still work in the disposal business with the same work ethic and dedication to service as their great-grandfather.
Now they operate modern equipment and service thousands of residents in Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs and the Fountain Valley. The Kiemel family has owned Bestway since 1967. Tom and Phil’s father began with three trucks and a few hundred customers. Colorado Springs grew throughout the ’60s and ’70s and Bestway grew along with the city to become the state-of-the-art rubbish removal and recycling operation that it is now.
Bestway remains committed to the principles established generations ago:
- We will provide service unequaled by anyone
- Fair rates
- Our commitment is to 100% customer satisfaction
Bestway is committed to the following principles:
- We are committed to providing the highest quality service. We will go the extra mile for our customers.
- We will demonstrate integrity in every service we provide.
- We will always work toward win-win solutions for both our customers and ourselves.
- We are proud of our heritage and will work to make others aware of where we came from and where we are going.
- We have a great appreciation for the value of diversity and we will work to make sure that all our people treat customers and each other with respect.